Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

Today is the 4th of July which is no big deal to me, but Mommy is hyper about it and Daddy likes to make things explode so he's happy. (more)


Last night Daddy took me outside to listen to the neighbors setting off their fireworks and to see the ones that were close. Fortunately none were TOO close, and we found out quickly that I DON'T LIKE FIRECRACKERS. I was all right with the noise of fireworks - boom, boom, boom...but not firecrackers - pop-pop-pop-pop! I guess Daddy finally figured it out when I crawled up his head and whined. He helped me run inside to Mommy where it was safe.

Mommy totally gets me. Mommy is afraid of thunder so she knows what I'm feeling. She held me and cuddled me and told me it wouldn't hurt me, and the next time one went off (I was still in the house) I listened, but it wasn't so bad.

I'll have to remember this when it's storming and Mommy is on her bed crying. I don't like to see Mommy scared, but she said she can't help it. She can be brave for a while, but does better if she can fall apart for a little while then pull herself together. She said it feels better than pretending to be okay. So, while it storms Daddy is holding Mommy telling her she's okay and I'm hugging her or rubbing her cheek. Poor Mommy.

Daddy is working today so we don't have too much planned. Mommy is hoping to go see the fireworks, and Daddy said we could, but we're not going to go right there because people will break into the car or break the windows or something and then we're in a trashed car waiting 45 minutes to get out of traffic to drive home.

Daddy is a total bummer.

Yesterday Mommy said we would go swimming, but when the sun moved to the other side of the house it started storming. Hopefully today we'll be able to do that while Daddy is working. Maybe Mommy will take some pictures. Mommy is really good at that, and Daddy said her heart hasn't been in it since she sold her camera so they would have somewhere to sleep (before I was born and they were homeless).

Mommy and Daddy have been through heck. They really have. They're bouncing back, but you can see it in their eyes. Even when they're happy they're not really happy. :S

My birthday wish is that their hearts will heal and we'll all be okay. While we're celebrating Independence Day and the freedoms we have I want you to remember that no matter what happens, Mommy and Daddy, I love you and we're in this together. That's what I learned from you.

With all my heart and gratitude,
Abigail Aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment