Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is coming. Whatever that means. Daddy is trying to be thankful for what little we have and has started an outreach program for other needy families like us.Dad In Distress (more)



Mommy is taking things a little harder. She is grateful for me and daddy and that we aren't freezing to death right now, but she misses having her own home, making us food and well, she's a holiday person. She likes the hours of cooking, decorating, cleaning and surprising us with little presents. Right now she can't do any of that and she isn't taking it well. She keeps saying we have the important things, but her eyes are sad.


And me? I'm learning that life isn't always what you want it to be, and that sometimes all you can do is all you can do. Sometimes you have to be able to take what you're given and at least accept it in hopes that someday you will be further ahead.


What Mommy doesn't know is that because I know how much she loves me and Daddy, I know what thankfulness is. Without her and Daddy I would be lost. NO ONE loves me the way they do.


Thank you, Mommy and Daddy.


I love you BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment