Friday, September 28, 2012


Last week I caught a cold but at first Mommy thought it was allergies. She changed her mind when it didn't go away. This past Wednesday morning I woke up at 4:30 crying because my ear hurt. Daddy drove to the drug store and bought me some Advil. Mommy gave me some and after a bit I went back to sleep. Mommy called the doctor's office and made me an appointment.

We took the taxi (I don't cry or holler in the taxi anymore and I sit in my own seat and buckle nicely). The advil wore off in the waiting room and I cried most of the time we were there, and my cries got louder the longer we waited. I still hate the scale and mommy set me down on the baby scale while I screamed. The nurse took my temperature and freaked me out, then we went to an exam room with monsters on the walls and I wanted to leave but Mommy said we had to wait for the doctor.

When the doctor came in she and Mommy had to talk loudly to hear one another over my crying. My ear hurt so bad!!

The doctor peek in my right ear and made a face and said "Oh yes, this is very bad." Mommy thought to herself, great...she wasn't complaining about THAT ear.

The doctor peeked in my other ear and just made a face and said, "Oh yes, very  bad."

My ears were so bad the doctor said we could try the ten day treatment with antibiotics at home or she could give me a shot, but that my ears were so bad and I was in so much pain that she recommended the shot. Mommy gritted her teeth, held me tight and agreed.

It wasn't til the nurses came in that we were told the shot was SO BIG that they had to split it into two shots (one in each leg) and that we'd have to come back tomorrow for another one (which was actually another two). I screamed my head off. Mommy teared up and said she was sorry.

Thursday we went back and the doctor said my ears looked better and I might not need "the third shot tomorrow".


Thursday I got two shots, one in each butt cheek. I couldn't sit down on the way home.

Friday, hoping for the best, we went back to have my ears checked and the OTHER doctor (apparently my doctor doesn't work Fridays) said she still saw pus behind my ear drum and would feel better if I had another shot (another two) rather than send us home without it and have pus collect and we'd have to start over again in a week or so.


I had two more shots (in the legs a few inches under where they shot me Wednesday) and when mommy was trying to take my pants off and lie me on the table I cried and yelled, "But I love you!" Mommy said "I love you too, baby." and kept going. The receptionist who came in with the nurse (in case she needed help holding me down) said "Oh my god, that's pitiful. I can't look at her now." And while the nurse was giving me the shots the receptionist made faces and looked like she wanted to cry too.

Mommy didn't cry today. But Daddy went with us yesterday and she lost it then....and again at home. She said it's hard to see me hurt and having to hurt me more to make me feel better.

It's Friday night now and I'm doing better. We're at J'Mam-maw's house and I jumped on her bed and played with her toys. Mommy's glad I feel better. Daddy keeps telling Mommy she made the right choice.

I'm even singing about going to the doctor. I guess I'll be ok. I wonder if I'll panic the next time I come when I see poor Nurse Wanda again.

No comments:

Post a Comment